Saturday, August 18, 2007

Off to Cedar Point

Well, the first hurdle to overcome was that there were no day bus tours to Cedar Point, which meant I needed to drive there (about 75 miles). The second hurdle was to find a car rental place. They are few and far between. There was one about 4 blocks from where I am staying and they have GPS rentals as well. Thank God!!! Well I made it there in one piece, without incident. I love GPS. She has such a sexy voice (I think I have been travelling too long).

Now about Cedar Point - Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God. Is this the place to be to ride some of the craziest, wildest, fastest, highest coasters all in one location. They all blew me away. There's the one that has a first drop of 320 feet and it was called Millenium force. It went so fast that I could feel my eyelids flapping around in the wind. I can't remember much about the ride, except the waiting time for the queue was 90 minutes.

Then there was top Dragster. Excelerated from 0 to 120 mph in under 4 seconds, lunged up to a height of 420 feet at 90 degrees, then straight down again at 90 degrees with a spiral thown in. Oh my God. The take off was incredible. The waiting line for this ride was 2 hours.

Anyone who thinks they have ridden the best coaster in the world has to definitely come to this place. there are plenty of motels in Sandusky, which is a bit closer than Cleveland. The rides here and the park are the best I have been on so far. Let's see what Kings Island brings up.

Oh, by the way, I haven't had much trouble with driving on the wrong side of the road. The GPS makes it so much easier to get around.

Cheers
Stephen

No comments: