Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Disney World

Sorry it has been a while since my last post. It has been go, go, go since I got here. On 5th Aug i started the day with a 2 day pass with a park hopper. on this day I completed Disney's Animal World, Epcot and Disney's MGM studio, with the help of Fast Passes. These allow you to go and do other things in the park while the ticketing system remembers your place in the queue. My first ride was on the new Expedition Everest. A roller coaster set in the Himalayas with a yeti. Just as the coaster gets going, it stops and then goes backqwards for half of the ride, then it goes straight ahead. Most of the time you are complete darkness. Great ride with a 200ft drop. I really enjoyed a 3d film experieince of "It's not easy being a bug" based on the characters from It's a Bug's life". One of the bugs farts and the smell goes through the whole theatre. And then there is the bug that suirts acid and then liquid is spurted all over the audience.

Epcot remined me pretty much of Expo in 88. Spacehsip Earth, the giant golf ball, was closed for renovations. The best ride was Sorin, where you are hoisted up 40ft in the air and float around while you watch a film that surrounds you about California.

Disney MGM was pretty much like Movie World. No attraction really stands out, but then it was two days ago since I was there.

Cheers
Stephen

No comments: